True perspective

"In keeping with your 'perspectives' talk, if you do run into an incorrect perspective of scripture (ie. slavery is condoned) - what rock of certainty or absolute truth do you turn to - what TRUE perspective do you use to determine whether it's valid or not?" - AM Question

What a terrific question!

I really wanted to get into this in my talk, but had to leave it on the cutting room floor. I'm really glad someone followed me up on this.

I'm going to break this question up into three different, smaller questions, so you can read the chunk that interests you most.

First, is there such a thing as an incorrect perspective of Scripture?
Second, how do perspectives shape evaluations of truth-claims?
Third, how should we respond to invalid understandings of Scripture?

No comments:

Post a Comment