Making use of what you know
It will cause your faith to grow
(See previous post if unfamiiar with IV Dorkiness)
Quality Small Group Application adjust the corporate life of a community (and the individuals in it) to the revelation and will of God. We live differently because we know and love God. As we grow to know him better and love him more, our Small Group communities will change.
Here're some question categories Small Group leaders can use when leading the Application phase of a Small Group exploration of a biblical passage:
Apply the main point to your life
- Where am I at currently?
- What do I currenly believe?
- What in the passage is new to me?
- Where do I need to change?
- Where do I need to re-entrench?
- What can I do now?
- How does the passage challenge the way we live together?
- How does the passage support the way we live together?
- What would happen if we as a community adjusted to what we learned in the passage? What would we do differently?
- What practical things can we do corporately to live out what we've learned?
- What are you planning to do differently this week?
- What would you like us to hold you accountable for?
- What would you like us to help you do?