Traveling Mercies

We're on the road today, so if you're wondering how you can pray for us, we're just asking people to pray for traveling mercies.

What the heck are "traveling mercies" and why do Christians love to ask other Christians to pray for them?

God, send St. Christopher to protect us as we travel (for my Catholic readers).
God, we know that you have a plan for us.  Protect us if you want (for my Reformed readers).
God, we're praying, so the power meters for your angel armies should be maxed out.  Protect us from demonic temptation and quality literature (for my Peretti readers).

Is that what you pray for when someone asks you to pray for traveling mercies?  What do you pray for?  Why?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure it is the destination I pray for but the journey: opportunities, growth. And to honor the request to "pray for me" without the magical thinking of "I get to go where I want to go and for my own purposes." But I always hope that others care about where I'm going, too - literally and metaphorically.

    ReplyDelete