Why Did God Place You in This Family?

God has a reason for placing people in families.

As families gather all over the world to celebrate Christmas and la Noche Buena, some struggle with this claim.  Family time can be a tense time, a hard time.

But God placed you in your family for a reason.

This truth is woven all through scripture.  Over and over again God claims to choose the place and time in which we enter the world.  He knows the families and ethnic communities in which he is placing us.  And he places us anyways.

In our track at LaFe10, we really want students to wrestle with this phrase:

"God placed you in our familia so that we can bless the crowd"
God's placement of people in families is connected with the bigger things he's doing in the world.  You were placed in your family so that you can be a blessing to others.

As we celebrate Jesus and his placement in the human family, we testify to this truth.  God placed Jesus into our family so that we all can be a blessing to others.

How has your family helped you be a blessing to others?

2 comments:

  1. This is really interesting Steve. I've been thinking about this question for a while now - why did God place me in this family. I still don't know. It's upsetting and it seems unfair. That is all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Why did god place me in my family the USA to be taught that if I wasn't convinced of his existence that I would burn in hell for all eternity? I am so lucky that he chose me to be born where I was. If I had been born in Nepal or any other non-christian country chances are high according to John 3:16 that I would be destined to hell. I just feel bad for all those poor people who haven't heard the good word of God because the good book says they will burn in hell. For all those innocent children who died before being baptized- fried in hell. What a graceful god that created me but game me the ability to question his very existence! If I am not 100% sure and believe that Jesus was sent to die for my sins, I'm gonna be getting Satan's pitchfork up my ass for eternity.

    I'm the lucky one.. He put me in a family that taught me the bible, they took me to Sunday school and church most Sundays. I am fortunate, I am chosen, but all those Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, Confuscionists, Hindus, Zoroastrians, Taoists, Jainists, and the members of thousands of other religions will burn in hell for all eternity because they have not accepted Jesus into their hearts.

    What a graceful and loving god for getting rid of all those worthless souls for simply not being convinced.

    ReplyDelete