What We Measure Matters: A Short Series on Metrics and Analysis

Over the last month I've been really challenged to measure the right things.

There are a million things to measure in ministry.  They aren't equally important. 

It's easy to lose sight of what's important.  It's easy to lose sight of scale.

Over the next couple of days, I'm going to be trying to flesh out some thoughts on metrics and analysis.  I'm going to dig through some Scripture and try get some of these ideas rattling around in my head out onto the screen.

But tonight, I'm thinking through the things we measure in ministry, trying to get them to bubble up to the surface.  So far, this is what I've got:

- total attenders
- segmented attenders
- conversions
- donors
- funds raised
- Small Groups
- quality of worship
- number of leaders
- how we're doing compared to ____
- number of events
- sites / locations / chapters
- market share / penetration
- multi-ethnic composition
- % of Bible preached through
- growth or change in categories

What other things do you see measured in ministries?

No comments:

Post a Comment