This is one place where the cultural distance between the biblical authors and our present day really pops. Arranged marriages seemed so normal. But not any more!
Many singles hate being set up because it communicates ...
- There's something wrong with you because you're not married
- You can't find someone on your own
- Leave us alone, Ms. Thirdwheel!
- There's less work involved if you don't do the asking
- We're gonna support you in this
- I'm free to walk away
What's been your experience with setting up?