Now, 2.5% may not sound like a lot. "What about the tithe?" you might ask. Aren't Christians supposed to be giving 10% of their income to the work of God through the local church?
Tithes, offerings, gifts, talents ... there's so much confusion about giving.
I've been thinking about this a lot and talking about it with some of my good friends, so I thought I'd try to process some of my thoughts on the blog. Here's an outline for this short series ...
- Why You Should Ignore the Tithe
- Why You Should Pay Attention to the Tithe
- To the Church ... and Beyond!
- Cheerfulness in Giving
- Giving and the Heart
- How We Decide Where to Give
- How to Get Started in Your Giving
Check out this post from April "Greedy or Broke?" This is the main issue around giving most of our churches and Christian communities face, but I won't repeat it in this series.