Series: Small Group Leader Training

I'm so excited for our Small Groups to start!

In the next month, InterVarsity in South Florida will launch 16 new Small Groups with 10 first time leaders.  We've done some training and we'll do a lot of in-the-field mentoring, but the start of school is a great time to refresh and expand Small Group Leader's skill sets.

Additionally, I've had the opportunity to help with some of the training for Crossway Church's Community Group Leaders.  These guys will be leading sermon-based groups out of local homes, providing environments for spiritual growth and friendship.

As I've immersed myself in training materials over the last few weeks, I thought it could be fun to share it with you.  Sharing this material also helps me tighten my grip on it.  Thanks for reading!

Here is an outline for this series (links will be added as post are published):

InterVarsity has invested a lot in me, training me how to train Group Leaders.  Many thanks to Joe Ho, Jimmy Long, J. Alex Kirk, Lee Simmons, Evan Keller, Bill Robinson and my leaders and co-leaders at Duke IV (Clint, Krista, Carrie, Gary, Patrick, Nikki, Joshua).

I also wanted to send a shout out to the 20Somethings Small Group.  I've never been a part of a more meaningful community. 

Note: This series draws on several excellent sources (as usual, little originality here) ...
Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Small Group Leaders' Handbook: The Next Generation
Small Group Leaders' Handbook: Developing Transformational Communities
Coaching Life-Changing Small Group Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment