John Stott quote from Sonburst

I don't normally post quotes on this blog, but Femi Adeleye shared this reflection from John Stott on Matthew 25 during his talk on Friday night at Sonburst and I was curious enough to look it up ...

I was hungry,
   and you formed a humanities group to discuss my hunger.
I was imprisoned,
   and you crept off quietly to your chapel and prayed for my release.
I was naked,
   and in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance.
I was sick,
   and you knelt and thanked God for your health.
I was homeless,
   and you preached to me the spiritual love of God.
I was lonely,
   and you left me alone to pray for me.
You seem so holy, so close to God
   but I am still very hungry – and lonely – and cold.

John Stott, Issues facing Christians today

No comments:

Post a Comment