Leading without Omnipresence

I have a phenomenal Staff team. They work hard. They're talented. They love Jesus and campus and students.

In the last two weeks, they - along with our awesome volunteers - have launched 30 Small Groups. They are doing outreaches on campus. They are mentoring student leaders. They are praying and training and planting and building and networking.

And I want to be a part of all of it. I want to be in the trenches. But I can't. I can't be there for everything. There's just too much going on. I can't be everywhere.

I'm not complaining. It's a huge blessing. But it's also a leadership challenge.

As healthy systems grow, omnipresent leadership becomes impossible. You can tell a lot about the health of a system by whether or not you as a leader need to be present to make the system run. If you don't have the capacity to be omnipresent, you need new tools.

Clear vision casting. Flexible systems. Focused coaching.

What have you learned about leading over a distance?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud and clear. Will the next post be about what you've learned about leading from a distance? Cause that would be a great next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Thanks, Shane.

    ReplyDelete