I almost missed it

Tonight, God did something amazing.

A student asked "What must I do to be saved?" and really wanted to know. He left and brought 5 friends back with him to the Bible Study. They stayed for an hour and a half, talking about God and the Bible. In the end, we prayed.

And I almost missed it.

I showed up at 7:00 and no one else was there. I waited 5 minutes, then prayed. I tapped my feet and my hands, checked Twitter and email and Facebook, stretched my legs. At 7:15, I started packing.

I thought to myself "Will was crying when I left. I hate leaving him, even when it's to go to work. Amy's sick and I'm not feeling well either. No one showed up. My time is valuable. This is embarrassing." These thoughts clanked from my brain to my legs, preparing me to get up and walk away.

And then the student showed up. And God did something amazing.

I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment