Reflection from a week away

I took a week off of writing.

Not just the blog ... the writing that you see.

I took a week off of writing. No posts for the national blog. No writing for my book projects. Not even any journaling.

I wanted to see if I missed it.
I wanted to see if I had anything I really wanted to say.
I wanted to see if I could pick it back up if I took a break.

I learned that I missed it.
I learned that I have lots I want to say.

I don't know whether or not writing is something I can put down and pick back up. What's the line between a discipline and a compulsion? I want writing to be something that's healthy for me, life-giving. Taking breaks seems like an important guardrail.

What role do you think taking breaks has to do with developing healthy disciplines?

No comments:

Post a Comment