Out of control

Your children teach you how out of control you are.

When Will was a newborn, he was pretty sick. He had to be placed in a special plastic box under light in order to help with his jaundice. He wore a blindfold to protect his eyes from the light. And he had no idea I was there.

I couldn't make him healthy on my own.
I couldn't speed up the healing process. 
I couldn't even let him know I was there.

I was out of control.

The best I could do was to be present and to pray.

I have a friend whose newborn son is in the hospital tonight, in a similar situation. 

And again, I feel out of control. 

I can't fix things.
I can't speed things up.
I can't even get through to let them know I'm praying.

But I can pray.

What do you do when you reach the limits of your ability to control your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment