Writing up a storm

I've taken a break for the last several months on this blog in order to do some other writing. Many of you have followed those posts and have commented and given me great feedback. Thanks so much!

I intend to pick back up with this blog this year, shifting the focus a little and writing in some ways that I can't in the other environments where I'm currently writing (InterVarsity blogs, Chatham Church devotionals, etc ...).

Here are some links to some of the other places I'm writing, if you want to check them out as well.

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship 
(InterVarsity's national blog, monthly contributor)
How to Help Friends Who Are Hurting
Tips for Kicking the Gratitude Killers
The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath

Multiethnic Matters: The intersection of race, ethnicity and the Christians faith
(blog for InterVarsity's Multiethnic Ministries, 2x monthly contributor)
A Biblical Perspective on Immigration (Free eBook)
A Quick and Dirty Theological Rationale for Ethnic Specific Ministry
One Surprising Reason We Value Ethnic Specific Ministry

The Connect Devotional
(from Chatham Community Church, emailed M-F, I'm a writer and the editor)
The Creative Image of God
The Fall of Work
God's Work and Ours
click here to subscribe to the Connect Devotional

In addition to all this writing, I've gotten to contribute Reader Reports for two wonderful IVP books that will be released in 2015. I've also done some extensive work on the manuscript I'm working on with my Dad. And, if that wasn't enough, I've produced hundreds of posts and tweets for Chatham Community Church and for LaFe (InterVarsity's Latino Fellowship).

So, if I'm writing 5 blog posts every week, editing one or two more, and producing 50 unique social media posts ... what's left to write?
  • Book reviews: I love reading. Writing reviews helps me process books as I finish them. I'll be writing in less of a "thumbs up, thumbs down" style and more of an "engaging with the ideas" style. We'll see how it goes.
  • Biblical insights: I love reading Scripture and digging into it. I'm finding, however, that I don't have many outlets to share the things I'm learning. The rest of my writing is organizationally driven and, in my church community, I'm hesitant to share what I'm learning due to how that affects group dynamics ("Why isn't the pastor leading the small group?"). But, hey, I figure that I ought to be able to be myself on my personal blog (except when it comes to politics ... I learned my lesson there).
  • Life wrestling-learning-hacks: I love to share what I'm learning about life: leadership, parenting, how to do things. Taking a few minutes to pass along what I'm learning fits my value of generosity. I believe that great things need to be shared. And the world will be a better place if we share ... right?
We'll see what sort of writing 2015 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment